A serious huffing incident occurred in the South Auckland area of New Zealand. Two people were hospitalized with serious burns, and a third also received burns. Police say that seven people were huffing gasoline in a back shed. Neighbors heard a "whoosing" sound and then saw flames coming from the back of the property. The neighbors reported a smell of plastic after the fire started.
Papakura Police state, "We've come to the address and found a premises which bears sort of all the signs potentially a huffing incident that's kind of gone wrong."