Officials in Georgia warn that teens who abuse various household items. In particular they want to spread awareness of sudden sniffing death syndrome. As its name suggests, it occurs when people inhale certain substances that cause rapid damage to the cardiovascular system.
Furthermore, officials describe how many teens and preteens are attempting to get drunk on alcohol-based hand sanitizer. In response to the rise of this action, these officials are warning parents and educators that this action can be quite harmful since it the alcohol in hand sanitizer is not meant for human consumption.