Blog Report

Saturday, November 7, 2015

16 Year Old Boy Dies after Inhaling Butane

On Saturday November 7th, a 16 year old boy in Ashikaga, Tochigi Prefecture died after inhaling butane. According to local police reports, he and four friends went to a park and began inhaling the gas. Allegedly, they did so by first collecting it in plastic bags. Shortly afterwards he collapsed.

His friends quickly called 119 (the Japanese equivalent of 911). However, this action was not enough. After paramedics arrived, he was soon taken to a local hospital. Although doctors attempted to treat him, the boy died around midnight.