Blog Report

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

New Zealand Man Dies after Huffing Butane

Via Stuff in New Zealand:

The coroner findings have been released and reveal that a 24 year old man who died on November 20, 2013 died from "acute butane toxicity" after huffing lighter fluid.

The article points out that in New Zealand between 2000 and 2012, there have been 63 deaths related to huffing butane, with 55 of them under 24 years old and 24 of them under 17.

The report also notes that after up to three minutes, the man collapsed and fell face down.  Friends and paramedics were unable to revive him and he died at the park.

No comments: