Blog Report

Friday, October 7, 2011

Details of Teen’s Death From Inhaling Butane

Via Southland Times in New Zealand

An inquest into the death of a 17-year-old man last December has revealed details from his last minutes alive. On the way to a friend’s house, the victim and the friend stopped to buy two cans of butane. The friend states that the victim was “huffing” the butane almost the whole time while in the car and got “pretty high.” The victim laughed and continued inhaling the butane even while his friend told him he should stop. The victim suddenly told the friend to stop driving the car and passed out shortly after. According to the friend, “his legs tensed and his head started rolling around before flopping to the side. His breathing slowed down to one breath every 15 seconds, and his skin became very pale.” The friend checked for a pulse when he stopped breathing and could not find one. He then drove to the victim’s father’s house where CPR was administered and an ambulance was called.

The friend remembers that the cans the pair had been inhaling from had warning signs on them, but he had not read them.

No comments: