The Rock Cats are the AA Eastern League affiliate of the Minnesota Twins, and the manager John Willi has said that,
"We in New Britain are in awe of the work being done by the Alliance to address the important issue of inhalant abuse. The Rock Cats can provide ACE an ideal venue to reach families in Connecticut and Western Massachusetts and help to positively impact their lives."Some of the features of this partnership include:
- Inhalant Abuse Awareness Night at the New Britain Stadium is being held on May 17th. The Rock Cats will be playing against the Portland Sea Dogs.
- ACE will distribute hats with the Rock Cats logo to the first 1,500 fans ages 12 and under.
- ACE members will be at the game to discuss inhalant abuse with parents and kids.
- Brochures will be available at all home games throughout the season.
- Public Service Announcements about inhalant abuse will run and use minor league baseball players to explain the dangers of huffing.
- The Rock Cats are holding an essay contest for kids 17 and younger asking them to write about why people should avoid using inhalants.
- The winners of this contest will meet the Rock Cats Players, be recognized on the field, and throw out the first pitch of the game.
We're very excited about this partnership and can't wait until game day!