A 23-year old homeless man was found in a Wal-Mart men’s restroom “with five empty cans beside him, including a sixth can that was half empty.”
Employees had called police after seeing the man take the can from store shelves. He was taken to the hospital and charged with petty theft.
This was the “sixth time in 15 months” that officers were called to respond to the same individual huffing computer dusters.
- In November 2007 he was “arrested for sale, possession or introducing inhalant use.”
- In December 2007 he was “found semi-conscious with a 10-ounce spray can in one hand and two empty cans on the ground next to him.”
- In March 2008, he was found “in convulsions and when he regained consciousness, he reportedly told (police) that he had been inhaling the canned substance”
- In September 2008 he was arrested for petty theft when a store clerk noticed he “took two, 12-ounce cans of the computer dusting spray.” He also “reportedly told police he had been released from a rehabilitation program earlier in the day.”
- Last week he was found huffing from a duster and was “arrested for possession of an inhalant.”