Blog Report

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Past Inhalant Use

On the blog Here and Now, a woman now in her 30's describes her experience with trying inhalants at an early age:
I was 14 years old at my friend Rebecca’s house (because I lived there after running away from home), and we were bored troubled teens looking for something to do. We had some of our mutual friends come over and one of them decided it would be a good idea to bring butane for all of us to inhale so we could get high.

We all took turns inhaling the toxic fumes, not knowing that it could be our last breath. It made me feel dizzy and nauseated and drunk. At the time it was fun and games, plus everyone else was doing it too so why not? [...]

You may be thinking (my bobby would never do that)-but you just don’t know. My parents did not know that I was doing it either and I am 33 years old now with three children of my own and my parents still don’t know that I did that when I was a teen. That is not something a lot of kids want to brag about to an adult and will do anything to hide it from their parents. It is a dangerous reality and something that cannot be ignored. If you notice shoe polish or any other chemicals in your teens room, you may want to get to the bottom of it because it is always better to be safe now then sorry later when it’s too late.

No comments: