Blog Report

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Other Dangers of Inhalants

Two years ago, tragedy struck a family in Texas after Kaitlyn Vallery drowned in the bathtub. She was found with a can of duster nearby, and passed out after inhaling. After her death, a website called 'Kaitlyn's Promise' was started and currently serves as a memorial and a warning to those who abuse inhalants. From the main page:

Kaitlyn was only 16 years old when she died. She was "dusting" keyboard cleaner in the bathtub when she passed out and drowned. Her mother found her when she went to get her to go to Sonic. Kaitlyn didn't intend to die. She'd just left a voice mail for a friend telling her that she was done doing that stuff and she planned to concentrate on staying clean. She intended to get high one more time, take a bath and go on her merry way. It didn't work out that way. Her friends knew she was dusting but they didn't tell her parents or any other adult. They didn't want Kaitlyn mad at them. Guess what? Kaitlyn's not mad...she's dead.

On Thursday of this week, the Vallery's will be here in Washington DC to spread the message about inhalants to other parents whom they hope will never have to experience what they have gone through.

No comments: