Blog Report

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Butane Related Inhalant Death in New Zealand

Via the Otago Daily Times in New Zealand:

The coroner has found that a 19 year-old man died on April 1, 2009 from the side effects of inhaling butane. The findings noted he had been with friends when he left them to go inhale butane in his bedroom. The next day he was reported missing and was found five days after his death in the yard of a neighbor.

The specialist forensic pathologist noted butane was the “most commonly abused volatile inhalant in New Zealand, and its use carried a significant risk of inadvertent death.”

No comments: