Via Today’s Zaman in Turkey:
This weekend, a 15 year-old girl from Bursa died after reportedly sniffing lighter fluid to get high with friends. She had been out with friends on Friday evening and her mother had difficulty waking her up the following morning.
The article notes that lighter fluid inhalation has replaced traditional chroming agents such as spray paint and glue, which are illegal for sale to people under 18. The article also points out that this is the fourth lighter fluid related teen death this year. The others included two 15 year-olds and a 14-year old. A local physician warned that the "ingredients of lighter liquid, such as butane, mix with the blood very quickly, fatalities are frequent in such cases."
Earlier this month 10 teenagers were injured in the region after an explosion at an abandoned house where they had gathered to huff lighter fluid. Police found dozens of empty lighter canisters at the scene.