- Inhalant users had a history of multiple stressors, evidenced academic difficulties and the criminal justice system
- They began using drugs between the ages of 10 and 15
- They confined their drug use primarily to marijuana, alcohol, and inhalants
- The teens often came from families with drug problems
- Inhalant abusers experienced more poverty and family disruption
- They believed their friends to be favorable to their use of inhalants
- They were less involved in conventional youth activities
You can view the complete abstract and purchase the study here.