From Omaha World Herald in Nebraska:
The Lincoln Police Department has expressed concern about the increase in recent inhalant abuse cases involving computer dusting sprays.
Last month, a 19 year-old male died after huffing. A plastic bag and a can of computer duster were found next to him. Last week a 36 year-old male was also found dead with a can of duster in his hand.
Police noted that “other empty cans were recovered” in that case and that “autopsy results showed the two died of asphyxia by suffocation after inhaling the substances.”
Earlier this month, a 28 year-old man was “found slumped in his car in Lincoln with a can of dust remover in his hand.” The man was “treated and cited for the crime.”
The Omaha City Prosecutor indicated “he sees perhaps a dozen cases a year” and they “typically involve adults whose lives are in shambles and are huffing in alleys.”
The Nebraska Regional Poison Center in Omaha states that inhalant related calls to the help line “increased from 25 in 2005 to 35 so far this year.”