Blog Report

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Maine Fatal Fire Likely Caused By Inhalants

The Maine State Fire Marshal's Office revealed that the car fire that proved fatal to a 34-year-old man was likely caused when fumes from an aerosol can were sparked by a cigarette. The man suffered severe facial and manual burns, but managed to walk to neighbor's house to call for help. From there, he was taken to Maine General Medical Center and then to Maine Medical Center, where he died. 
Investigators said that the man was "huffing" from an aerosol can, and found several empty aerosol cans inside the car. They also state that the man was a smoker, and the two factors combined to cause the fatal fire. 

No comments: