Blog Report

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Plano Authorities Suspect a Car fire was Started by Aerosol Abuse

Upon witnessing a car fire in a local parking lot, Plano firefighters believed that the situation warranted an investigation.  According to their reports, the car contained several cans of computer cleaner that were likely used by the driver to become intoxicated. These possess a chemical called difluoroethane which is highly flammable. Therefore, they believe the car ignited when the driver tried to light a cigarette after abusing inhalants.

At the time of the incident, the driver was seen running from the burning car. However, local authorities soon found him. After taking him into custody, they quickly brought him to Parkland Hospital in order to treat his non-life threatening burns.

No comments: